- Why is it necessary to carefully maintain your watch?
Maintenance must be performed every year (see instructions of the parent company), to prevent damage to the components of the watch.In our laboratory is carried out in a very short time and includes the following operations:
- Disassembling the movement from the box.
- Brightening of the case and bracelet in a turbine bath and sanitizing in an ultrasonic tank.
- Checking and changing all the gaskets.
- Functional testing of movement and tuning (*). Change of the battery for quartz watches (with the relative theoretical duration).
- Test of impermeability under vacuum and air pressure (**).
- Replacement of the movement in the box. Change of the sealing rings of the bracelet.
- Certificate of the condition of the watch and the advice to follow to keep it in good working order.
(**) Analysis of resistance and deformation of the cash box with reference to the parent company's co-producers.
- Why the review?
In order to reduce friction between the various moving parts, specific lubricants are introduced in the watch. During their life of 3-5 years they lose viscosity due to wear and tear. So the revision over the recommended times means neglecting the physical and chemical principle of lubricants creating collateral damages of not immediate evidence, but certain.
It is advisable to make a careful review of your watch periodically, (see instructions of the House). The surgery is done at our laboratory and is made proceeding with the following work phases:
- Disassembly of the movement.
- Washing of all parts of the movement in ultrasonic tanks.
- Replacement of damaged or defective parts of the movement or of the case (glass, crown, etc.).
- Reassembling of movement and lubrication. Change of the battery (for quartz watches).
- Polishing, satin finishing and finishing of the case and bracelet, gilding and / or rhodium plating, restoration of the original design. On demand.
- Change of all the seals concerning, impermeability.
- Functional check, final tests, in particular impermeability and tuning.
- Warranty certificate of 24 months
You can contact the laboratory for a diagnosis with a free estimate of the cost of the intervention.
For the restoration of pendulum clocks, tower clocks etc. it is advisable to request a free estimate of costs and processing times as well as home visits for fixing the watch. Also provided by the technicians is a guide for the correct installation at home by the customer.
The water resistance
- Why waterproofing?
Waterproofing protects the movement from dust, humidity and any risk of deterioration in case of immersion or contact with water. The impermeability of the watch is given by its seals. Since these gaskets are exposed to numerous aggressions (dust, cosmetics, transpiration, temperature changes) the water resistance of the watch has a limited duration. For this reason we recommend a check of the impermeability every 12 months (see the House instruction manual).
Every time, for any reason, the box is opened or the watch is impacted in the crown / button area, it is important that the watch is subjected to a waterproof check.